Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE PHLEBOTOMIST- Queens
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
943 - MT SINAI DOCS QUEENS BLVD
Job Title: Offsite Phlebotomist
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for the performing Phlebotomy functions consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. This position also must be able to navigate and enter data in EMR system and be responsible for overall tracking of blood results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform Phlebotomy on patients for required tests.
2. Create requisitions though EMR system, co-ordinate pick-ups with Lab.
3. Keeps track of results for specimens sent to lab and follows-up with lab to ensure timely response.
4. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service delivery, scheduling and quality control.
5. Works with Lab to provide them with demographic, insurance information for patients whose specimens are processed by the lab.
6. Checks Coumadin level, gets current dose information from patient, reviews the results with provider, gets future dose instructions from the provider and communicates to patients.
7. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives
8. Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures. 9. Performs other related duties.
Certification: Phlebotomy Technician from American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Fluent in Computerized Laboratory System.
Basic computer skills required to enter and print data in EMR system and navigate Internet
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent Patient care skills
Medical Assistant experience in a Cardiology or Internal Medicine Practice or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.