Mount Sinai Careers
Perioperative Technical Coordinator - Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # 2275578
Job Title: Per Diem Perioperative Technical Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the yearly preventive maintenance programs for medical equipment with Clinical Engineering.
- Coordinates the exchange of equipment for newly inspected items, in accordance with established policies and procedures and with the Patient Equipment Pool (PEP) program.
- Coordinates repair of equipment by appropriately tagging and taking equipment to designated area
- Arranges for the rental of surgical equipment and develops a tracking system in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes equipment usage and needs in order to maintain adequate equipment/supply level.
- Examines equipment such as suction meters, video towers headlights, oxygen valves, and bed monitors (beeper) and blood pressure cuffs to ensure proper functioning.
- High School diploma
- 2 years in a clinical environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Moderate Physical Activity capabilities
- Intermediate Computer skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.