Mount Sinai Careers
Materials Data Specialist I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Materials Management Specialist (for Receiving or Stat Stores) records receipts of supplies and equipment, follows up on misplaced, undeliverable parcels and items not received, updates the inventory and other related activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Input receipts of all merchandise filtered through the Receiving Department into PPM
- Consult with vendors in reference to discrepancies in purchase orders placed.
- Maintain monthly tracking reports on all purchase orders that filter through the Receiving Department or for STAT Stores as appropriate
- Maintain daily records of the number of pieces received, delivered and returned to the department through the institution.
- May expedite outstanding orders with vendors and discuss problems concerning lead times amounts, allocations and availability of items. When necessary, checks alternate vendors for supplies in the event of stock outs or manufacturer backorders. Communicates with all divisions involved respectively to keep them abreast of manufacturer backorders or other related information.
- Coordinate the return of supplies and equipment utilizing the mailing and shipping systems.
- Review packing slip information on a daily basis for accuracy and record supplies and equipment received in the materials management inventory control system.
- Coordinate tracking devices (i.e handhelds, etc.).
- Resolve issues with missing packages, incomplete information on packing slips, purchase orders, bills of lading and other receiving documents.
- Maintain receiving records for inventory purposes and generates reports for reconciliation of supplies received.
- May manage cycle count, inventory balance adjustments and physical inventory count sheets through software application.
- May participate in physical inventory responsibilities.
- May act as department liaison for customer service, provide assistance in resolving customer inquiries (ie: missing packages, order status, etc), knowledge of service, production and inventory control functions.
- Performs other related duties as directed or required by supervisory staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple
tasks in a fast paced environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.