Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT - Department of Pathology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to faculty and staff on a specific program.
- Provide administrative support to faculty and staff on a specific program
- Coordinates with Anatomic Pathology archive facilities, including Iron Mountain, in submitting, tracking, and fulfilling biorepository requests
- Maintains inventory to track slides and blocks for biorepository projects and investigations
- Performs queries of surgical pathology database (PowerPath) to select appropriate cases with guidance by Director
- Coordinates with Pathology Core to facilitate tissue sectioning and staining orders to fulfill biorepository requests
- Updates relevant information in tracking databases, as required
- Assist in preparation of grant applications
- Prepare written descriptions and reports of activities
- Provide technical assistance to faculty and staff in preparation of IRB applications
- Assist in research compliance activities
- Provide administrative support for meetings, recruitment activities, and training activities
- Assist in preparation of reports to funding agencies
- Education: HS Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years of pathology archive related experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.