Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSE- Staten Island
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
983 - MT SINAI ASSOC-ALY
Job Title: Offsite Per Diem Registered Nurse
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
3. Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
4. Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
5. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
6. Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
7. Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
8. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the delivery of safe, competent patient care.
9. Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
10. Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
11. Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
12. Coordinates discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum. Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
13. Performs charge responsibilities, as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Current Registered Nurse license in New York State.
Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.