Mount Sinai Careers
Associate, Customers Team- Mount Sinai Health Partners
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
• Are comfortable playing “up” and “down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
• Work productively amidst ambiguity
• Thrive in fast-paced work environment
• Seek to improve the status quo
• Are passionate about developing a true system of care
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels . We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, MSHP builds a primary and urgent care practice right at the employer’s worksite with a value-based financial model that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, MSHP accepts a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, MSHP partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
MSHP seeks an Associate who will support the development and execution of strategies for the marketing and sales of population health product offerings to large employers and plan sponsors. These activities will include direct sales and marketing as well as the development of strategic channel partnerships with health plans and benefit consultants. The Associate will also manage a book of business of large employers and/or plan sponsors. This is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System and to represent Mount Sinai with key stakeholders in the employee health benefits market place in New York and nationally.
Strategic Account Management
• Support the growth, and management of key accounts by developing and executing account strategies that maximize value for every dollar spent by customers including: setting growth targets, employee campaigns, project plans for implementation relationship management
Marketing & Sales Strategy
• Support the development and execution of a strategy to market and sell MSHP product offerings to customers via multiple channels leveraging thorough 1st and 3rd party research of the addressable market, competitor offerings, and government regulations
• Support marketing of MSHP products by representing Mount Sinai at key industry events and coordinating editorial pick-up and public relations activities
• Support individual product sales by assisting with development of sales materials, RFP completion, and general coordination of sales processes
• Support product development teams by gathering, distilling, and communicating feedback from both buyers and users of MSHP products
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the health care industry
• Experience with leading management consulting firm(s), benefits consulting firm(s), and/or payer(s)
• Experience in marketing and sales of healthcare products (ideally to large employers)
• Experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
Additional Skills and Qualities
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated team player
• Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience