Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Application Analyst II - Epic Ambulatory
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic Ambulatory - Req #2277514
Revenue Cycle Application Analyst II
The Revenue Cycle Application Analyst II assists in the analysis, design and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them.
Operates under general or minimum supervision, and performs duties with broad latitude for judgment. Tasks assigned to this level require an in-depth and broader understanding of problem identification, analysis and resolution. Final products may be reviewed upon completion with regard to business and technical soundness and appropriateness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully achieves certification in Epic Resolute as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
2. Demonstrate understanding of billing workflows and business operational functions and objectives.
3. Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
4. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
5. Works with development, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development and installation processes.
6. Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
7. Analyzes existing system logic difficulties and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
8. Supports specific software applications to ensure optimal utilization, functionality and availability
9. Analyzes reasonably complex software problems and develops/implements solutions with general guidance.
10. Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
11. Responsible for daily support of Epic Resolute
12. Participates in projects involving Epic Resolute
13. Other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Technology, Finance or Healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience in health care field.
- EPIC certification desirable but should be achieved within six months of hire.
- 2-3 (or more) years of experience in Epic Resolute
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Certification or Proficiency preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare organization with managed care, billing and accounts receivable, and/or reimbursement activity preferred
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to assure compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property.
- Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- Requires broad knowledge of the client’s area functions and applications, and an in-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Team player who will help create a positive team environment
- Possess self awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance