Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Practitioner- Cardiothoracic Surgery Office Practice
NursNurse e Practitioner- Cardiovascular Surgery Ambulatory
Title: Nurse Practitioner Cardiothoracic Surgery Office Practice
Locations: New York, New York
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities: Follow as caseload of cardiothoracic surgical patients in an office practice setting. Provides acute/primary health care in accordance with written policies approved by nursing and medical administration. Responsible for patient care as outlined within collaborative practice agreement. Develops and implements a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performs a periodic review of the collaborative agreement.
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- NYS RN and NP with Master’s degree, DEA, BCLS, NP National certification and at least 2 years of critical care RN experience. NP experience in cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story.