Mount Sinai Careers
Interface Analyst II - MSMC Administration - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MSMC Administration - Req #2278374
Interface Analyst II
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position is an intermediate level analyst position responsible for acquiring in depth knowledge of EPIC Clinical System/Interfaces, working independently in completing project tasks and leading the execution of the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: HL7 Interface development, data conversion, building system components, testing, documentation of interface specifications, data flows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic Clinical software.
In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and guide decision making as well as demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates professional behavior when interacting with clients and coworkers
2. Demonstrates the ability to collect workflow and other pertinent information from clients
3. Apply in depth system understanding to current issues and development challenges in order to develop alternative solutions with pro and con analysis
4. Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process.
5. Prioritize and delegate tasks as needed
6. Proven working knowledge of the HL7 standard
7. Develop interface specifications and data flow diagrams
8. Participate in the integration and data conversion process for each implementation
9. Working effectively and negotiating between multiple parties
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Three years’ experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent
2. Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
3. The applicant must have 3 years prior interface development experience, preferably with an interface engine
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.