Mount Sinai Careers
MULTI-DIVISIONAL MANAGER - NEUROLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position provides administrative support to Division Chief (s) and Department Administrator as well as divisional faculty members on the overall day-to-day business operation of the designated division(s) including clinical operations, financial / revenue analytics, faculty support, and staff oversight to ensure development and implementation of divisional plans as well as fiscal responsibility in support and alignment of the overall department mission and goals.
The Multi-Divisional Manager will be responsible for overseeing the following 3 divisions within the department of Neurology:
- Pediatric Neurology
This position works under the direct supervision of the Department Administrator and Division Chief(s) involving the clinical and academic aims and objectives of the respective divisions, the Department, and the School.
- Work with Division Chief(s), System Chair, and Neurology Department Site Administrator(s) to develop annual academic goals for the division including financial, clinical, research, and training
- Manage and operationalize developed business plans for new division faculty recruits and for new clinical initiatives supported and outlined during the Annual Faculty Academic Planning process and supported by the department annual budget
- Manage and utilize staff resources to provide the best possible support for the designated division (s) including department shared staff in order to meet established goals
- Work with individual faculty to sustain and grow respective clinical practice, maximize clinical effort by optimizing sessional time, billing, coding and insurance participation, in order to expand and grow their clinical practices. Maintain a written tracking list of questions and follow-up items around coding, Epic templates, insurance participation, marketing etc and ensure that these items are followed up on in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with other divisional leaders as needed to ensure internal patient referral among divisions is appropriately handled and ensure optimal patient experiences in coordination of these referrals
- Assists in the planning of budgetary needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with department leadership to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the respective divisions
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, and staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment
- Attend and support monthly division meetings with Division Chief, System Chair, Department Administrator and other leaders as needed, to review overall divisional performance, metrics, goals and other divisional specific information, and to develop and execute or follow-up on action items from those meetings that fall within division staff or faculty responsibility
- Assist with OPPE management for any designated mid-level providers within the division to complete these in a timely manner. Support the Division Chief in execution of OPPEs for division faculty around the system
- Work with Department Fellowship Coordinator to ensure appropriate fellowship rotation is assigned to incoming fellows at each hospital site within the health system and that required evaluations and other documents for the GME office and central department education coordinator are obtained in a timely fashion
- Assist with internal communication for respective divisional faculty and chief via Box in order to maintain access to individual standard financial and clinical, by which faculty productivity is determined and recorded, as well as patient experience ratings and teaching evaluations
- Support best clinical practices within the division(s) that ensure best management of resources provided to the division, i.e., space, staff, FPA sessions, centralized department staff, etc.
- Support overall management of Annual Faculty Academic Planning Process (used to provide financial need information to help develop the annual budget of the department) by , ensuring timely meetings of chiefs with each faculty member, ensuring relevant documents are prepared and available at those meetings, providing completed meeting reports and checklists to the System Chair and Department Administrator, and following through as assigned on designated division tasks developed in response to identified needs
- Work on special projects as needed by utilizing all available resources and knowledge to execute and provide recommendations to the Division Chief and Department Administrator
- Support outreach and marketing activities of the division, working in collaboration with not only division faculty but also the Department Administrator and the department marketing/CME staff
- Support faculty and department in maintaining access to Box and shared resource documents as well as updated CVs and information needed for the annual performance appraisals as well as information needed for various department mandates
- Assist the department Research Administrator in following through on management of issues related to research staff or research activities including compliance issues, for research of division faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare Business Administration, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in HR, Financial Management and Practice Management. 5+ years preferred
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a healthcare environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.