Mount Sinai Careers
FINANCIAL ANALYST II - DEPARTMENT OF NEUROLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst II plans, organizes and directs day to day analytical activities and functions related to the fiscal and administrative functions for the Department. Provides administrative services and analytical support to management.
- Monitors monthly budget, fund and or/general ledgers for the department or business unit within the School or Hospital; provides variance analysis
- Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly
- Prepares regular reports and participates in follow-up discussions with department administrators over actual variances from approved budgets
- Assist in business plan development and logistical planning for new faculty recruitment
- May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects are properly monitored and timely reports are prepared
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, contracts, change orders, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers and HRTS transactions as necessary
- May prepare a transmittal of instructions for checks and cash which accompanies these instruments to the main cashier or Finance for deposit and credit to the appropriate account
- May input and review staff payroll and record maintenance
- May prepare accruals for upload monthly general ledger updates
- May assist in monitoring payments by insurance providers in determining revenue streams
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years financial experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, sufficient to compile reports concerning financial status and operating procedures of organizations
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.