Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Coordinator - FPA Support
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Greets and establishes first contact with patients. Confirms and updates patient demographics and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have appropriate insurance for physician they are seeing. Responsibilities may include provides secretarial and clinical support to Physicians & Surgeons in a faculty practice setting.
- this position will require consistent rotation in various Faculty Practices; flexibility is a must.
- Verifies patients insurance coverage prior to patients appointment and advised patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed. Prior to patients arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patients arrival, and ensure that patient?s medical record is available for physician
- Process/update HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary.
- High School graduate/GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills required. Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record and/or billing systems preferred, (not required)
- Must have a minimum 6 weeks training on-site which will be provided by FPA practice.
- Prefer experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.