Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Web Content Specialist II - Digital Marketing - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Digital Marketing - Req #2278994
1. Develops online content from concept to final implementation. Produces web pages for medical programs, services, educational offerings, research efforts, news stories, and other online content from start to finish. Collaborates with Production Manager, Marketing Managers, Editors, Graphic Designers, and Writers as necessary to ensure accurate, user friendly, and appropriate health content appears on the site.
2. Using the Content Management System, ensures usability of content in various web contexts including Patient Care, Education, and Research portals. Routinely publishes approved content to the live site. Performs advanced content management tasks such as maintaining the health library, re-purposing press content in order to create online press releases, creating video pages that utilize our online video content, creating redirects, building and maintaining entire mini sites, building and maintaining mobile sites, managing online assets (images and pdfs), creating carousels or image galleries, creating new channels, deleting old channels, moving channels and migrating content to new templates for example.
3. Responsible for measuring and tracking the effectiveness of produced content.
4. Proactively suggest updates to content to improve customer acquisition metrics - including SEO rankings, page conversion, action conversions and ultimately revenue generation.
5. Helps to build and maintain a department-wide knowledge base of content management procedures and protocol.
6. Publishes approved content to the live site and performs quality assurance checks on published jobs to ensure accuracy and functionality.
7. Assumes responsibility for assigned areas of the site. Routinely performs quality assurance checks of assigned areas to ensure quality and accuracy of those areas. Raises concerns about assigned areas and initiates fixes.
8. Establishes and builds relationships as necessary with stakeholders outside of department to facilitate efficient workflow.\
9. Works closely with the production manager to prioritize deliverables and/or deadlines, to resolve schedule conflicts and to extend brand standards on the web site. Helps to maintain and update departmental tracking spreadsheets and related documents.
10. Recommends site design changes or functionality applying current Internet standards and protocol. Under the supervision of the Production Manager, works collaboratively with members of the content management team to write specifications for new design and functionality recommendations.
11. Keeps abreast of the best practices in web page design, usability and content development.
12. Performs other related duties.
Degree with a strong background in computers or equivalent education or
1. Two years’ experience in web design, editing and content management and working as part of a development team
2. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
4. Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proof content for the web
5. Ability to prioritize and work on simultaneous multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines.
6. Ability to problem solve with agility, efficiency and grace
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.