Mount Sinai Careers
Data Engineer - Clinical Innovation
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Innovation - Req #2279732
The Data Engineer will work on learning and creating batch and streaming machine learning pipeline for accelerating translational research and improving clinical care. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Create machine learning pipeline using big-data technology stacks
- Work on Python, Apache Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, and Machine Learning
- Additional responsibilities include developing prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected use cases, and implementing complex machine learning pipeline
Education: Master/PhD degree in Engineering (e.g. computer science , Biomedical Informatics, Physics, Statistics)
- Good knowledge with at least 1 programming languages among
- Must be flexible and fast to pick up new languages.
- Basic Knowledge Big Data Technology Stacks like Apache Spark, Apache
- Kafka, NoSQL, and Machine Learning.
- Hands-on experiences on Apache Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, Apache Nifi and other big data technology stacks and streaming tools.
- Familiarity with and the ability to leverage a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation on Azure or AWS is a big plus.