Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Scientist, Immunobiology Center
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Human Immune Monitoring Center at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai leverages powerful technology platforms and deep immunological expertise to provide comprehensive immune monitoring services for a diverse range of clinical and translational research studies. We have an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist focused on high dimensional single cell analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and make a real impact at the forefront of translational immunology.
The ideal candidate will work to leverage the HIMC’s state-of-the-art technology platforms to analyze immune complexity across a wide range of disease areas. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining sophisticated flow cytometry and mass cytometry (CyTOF) instruments, and using these platforms to perform a range of immune monitoring studies under the supervision of the Director of Technology. You will work to develop, optimize and manage reagents and protocols, process and analyze blood and tissue specimens, and work closely with the HIMC’s computational team to analyze and interpret large sets of high dimensional cytometry data. This is a dynamic position that will also offer many additional opportunities to work on a range of innovative immune assays.
- Ph.D in immunology or related discipline
- Extensive experience in isolating, processing and analyzing single cells from mouse and human biospecimens using high dimensional flow/mass cytometry (15+ colors).
- Broad familiarity with human immune cell CD marker expression patterns and expertise in designing and applying multiparameter antibody panels and analysis strategies to identify and characterize immune cell subsets (e.g., T cell subsets).
- Experience with single cell polyfunctional assays such as immune phenotyping combined with multiplexed intracellular cytokine staining.
- The candidate should be comfortable with high dimensional cytometry data analysis, and familiarity with dimensionality reduction (e.g., tSNE) and advanced computational cytometry analysis approaches would be preferred
- Prior experience with mass cytometry, multiplexed immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and/or single cell sequencing would be helpful but are not required as full training will be provided
- We are an energetic team and are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate with the ability to learn and implement complex new skills and techniques
- Acute attention to detail, good organizational skills, strong communication skills and an ability to interact well with others are critical
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.