Mount Sinai Careers
PSYCHOMETRY SUPERVISOR/ CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR II - NEUROLOGY
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing a small team of psychometrists in their roles testing HIV-infected study participants in an ongoing, longitudinal study. Approximately 180 assessments are conducted every year. This individual will make work assignments for the team, oversee staff performance, and quality control testing procedures.
- Under the supervision of attending neuropsychologists, rendering diagnoses on subjects tested by the psychometry team.
- Attending a weekly team meeting to discuss subject diagnoses.
- Training new psychometrists as they are hired into ongoing research programs.
- With the principal investigator and attending neuropsychologists, developing a new study to correlate cognitive motor status with functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging. Performing the primary cognitive assessments for this study. Approximately 80 assessments will be performed every year in this study; some may overlap with ongoing programs, and be conducted by other members of the psychometry team.
- Participate in analyzing, writing up, and publishing results of research studies. The degree of involvement in this activity will depend on the career stage of the applicant.
- Masters degree in science or related field required.
- 2 year of experience administering Neuropsychological tests and/or psychiatric interviews
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.