Mount Sinai Careers
HEALTH EDUCATOR - Department of Emergency Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
integral part of Mount Sinai Medical Center’s health care team, Health
Educators analyze data to identify the community’s health needs in an effort to
plan, design and implement programs that encourage healthy behavior and prevent
disease. As an integral part of community’s health education program, Health
Educators provide information to individuals and communities in an effort to
maintain, improve and adopt healthy lifestyles.
- Assists in the development and presentation of health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, in small groups as well as individual sessions
- Documents activities, recording information such as the numbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and persons assisted. Assists in assessing the impact of treatment compliance
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care
- Participates in the preparation and distribution of health education materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as films, videotapes, photographs, and posters
- Assists in the development of operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services
- Collaborates with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services, and to develop goals for meeting needs
- Participates in the design and conduct of evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health education programs
- Provides program information to the public conducting media campaigns, and/or maintaining program-related web sites
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in health education/promotion, public health, community health
- Phlebotomy training/certification preferred
- 0-1 years of experience
- Phlebotomy experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Certification as a Certified Health Educator (CHES) from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. preferred
- Ability to plan a program based on health needs and requirements
- Excellent communication skills in providing information to patients
- Ability to work with a very diverse population and be sensitive to cultural differences
- Comfortable speaking in public
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.