Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING COORDINATOR-ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - ORTHOPEDICS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Billing Coordinator - Accounts Receivable - 2280246
- Follows up on submitted claims, monitors unpaid claims and resubmits claims with appropriate corrections and documentation.
- Works declines and processes appeals.
- Responds to patient and third party inquiries; researches and resolves simple to moderately complex issues; corrects errors and refers complex issues to supervisor.
- Reviews correspondence and rejection data from insurance carriers; posts rejections and performs reconciliations.
- May transfer secondary balances to appropriate financial class and provides documentation for processing the claims.
- Education: Associates Degree or HS Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Experience: 2 years healthcare billing experience required. Familiarity with CPT and ICD (coding and CCI edits).
- Electronic claims processing preferred.