Roles & Responsibilities:
The Applications Analyst I assists in the analysis, design and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them.
- Works with client management to identify and specify application requirements.
- Projects are typically small information systems applications. Formulates logical statements of application system requirements.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of the equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
- Participates with client and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and installation processes.
- Assists in the design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
- May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flow-charting.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Two years experience in systems analysis or design. Proficient in at least one higher-level programming language and familiarity with application development support software packages.
Requires knowledge of the client area?s functions and systems, technological alternatives, good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.