Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Director - Epic - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2280262
The Director of Information Technologies is responsible for
planning designing and implementing organization wide information systems and
technologies. Other responsibilities include research, development and
application of new information system technologies to support the goals of
managing and operating the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements organization wide information systems and technologies.
2. Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers.
3. Directs the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility, including the allocation of resources and staff. Remains current with technological advances and be able to apply them where applicable.
4. Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of organization wide information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
5. Directs the development of the Information Technologies operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
6. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
8. Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
9. Coordinates, develops, and executes program for continual measurement of the organization’s information systems, and communication networks’ performance and effectiveness.
10. Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and systems. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing systems through ongoing review.
11. Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
12. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
13. Performs other related duties.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business
Administration and/or Information Systems with course work in Computer Science
Master’s Degree preferred.
1. 12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Excellent time and project management skills. Demonstrated financial management skills
2. Proven leadership and management skills
3. Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
4. Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
5. Attention to details
6. Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.