Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
• Design and conduct research experiments in the field of neuro-oncology.
• Perform standard in vitro molecular biology, biochemistry, and imaging/microscopy techniques, including: RNA extraction, protein extraction, DNA extraction, Western blot, PCR and RT-qPCR, immunofluorescence, agarose gels, etc.
• Culture and maintain multiple cell lines from surgical specimens
• Handle, inject, and dissect small animals
• Collect, prepare and analyze research data using statistical methods, and integrate findings with the scientific literature
• Keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments, and maintain electronic records
• Display data for presentation in research conferences
• Participate/assist in manuscript and grant writing
• Participate in the training of fellows, residents, students and volunteer workers as needed.
• Assist with ordering of supplies and general lab maintenance as needed
• Attend relevant national and international research conferences for the presentation of scientific work