Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Services - Req Number: 2280366
Job Title: Social Worker - Medicine / Surgery
Roles & Responsibilities:
The social worker will be responsible for providing psychosocial services with an emphasis on helping patients and families cope with the crisis of critical illness. There is also a strong emphasis on complex discharge planning. The social worker will have the opportunity to collaborate as a member of the team, which requires strong interdisciplinary skills, as well as knowledge of crisis, and family systems. Coverage will include other med/surg floors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engage and comprehensively assess patients and families.
2. Formulate individualized plan for intervention and treatment.
3. Implement intervention and treatment plan.
4. Create, with patient and/or family, safe, appropriate, proactive discharge/community plans.
5. Implement, on a timely basis, with indicated advocacy, discharge/community plans.
6. Enhance service delivery to patients/families through programmatic assessment and implementation.
7. Provide services in accordance with professional standards of practice.
8. Maintain productivity and documentation standards.
9. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all colleagues, thereby enhancing the team’s functioning.
10. Take initiative in furthering professional competency and development.
Masters Degree in Social Work
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.