Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
OFFSITE BILLING COORDINATOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System
Requisition # 2280440
Department : 950 - RIVERSIDE - PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The Offsite Billing Coordinator is responsible for multiple components of the billing process, including Accounts Receivable, Charge Entry, Edits and Payment Posting. Proficient in these processes to facilitate accurate and timely payment of claims and collection.
1. Verifies insurance and registration data for scheduled outpatient/inpatient encounters and scheduled surgeries if applicable; reviews encounter forms for accuracy.
2. Enters office, inpatient, and/or outpatient charges with accurate data entry of codes. Ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. May run and work missing charges, edits, denials list and process appeals. Posts denials in IDX on a timely basis.
4. Posts all payments in IDX using approved methodologies.
5. May perform specialty coding for services and medical office visits and review physician coding and provide updated to physicians and staff.
6. Works TES, BAR and eCommerce edits for the division, department and physicians.
7. Works daily Accounts Receivable accounts via online work file and/or hard-copy reports; checks claims status, re-submits claims, and writes appeal letters.