Mount Sinai Careers
BIOMEDICAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - GENETICS & GENOMIC SCIENCES
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Biomedical Software Developer interacts with researchers and provides technical expertise and develops successful solutions
- Takes ownership as lead developer of shared Institute informatics software packages such as co-expression analysis, causality inference testing, etc. Work with Institute researchers to make usability, performance and algorithmic improvements to these applications, and then to apply these tools to datasets of interest.
- Works with Institute researchers and Institutional collaborators to mine the Mt. SInai Data Warehouse/Electronic Medical Record system for novel clinical insight. This will include developed and applying machine learning algorithms and other data mining techniques to these data sources.
- Contributes to a professional software engineering culture including participating code reviews, mentoring junior developers and other activities that help improve the Institute's software engineering capabilities.
- Manages large data sets obtained from multiple sequencing platforms
- Automating data processing pipelines.
- Applies machine learning to identify patterns in large and complex datasets.
- Develops novel statistical strategies and algorithms.
- Data visualizations.
- Generates and pursues novel ideas to improve and draw insights from multi-omics long read and single cell genomics platforms.
• Strong interest in working on data-intensive biomedical research problems.
• Experience with bioinformatics research projects.
• Experience with statistical analyses, machine learning.
• Extensive knowledge of programming in Python, R.