Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM VASCULAR COORDINATOR - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Vascular Coordinator performs basic and advanced ultrasound examinations in accordance with established protocols.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs basic and advanced ultrasound scans as prescribed by established protocols
- Reviews doctors’ interpretations and patient files, and monitor patients.
- Assists in the performance of interventional procedures.
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images.
- Captures images onto PACS system and transfers images to physician workstations.
- Evaluates images prior to the release of patients to ensure the study is diagnostic.
- Prepares the exam room for procedures by ensuring all inventory and stock prior to arrival of radiologist.
- Participates in the performance and documentation of quality control, quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Informs appropriate personnel of any equipment failure and documents type of problem and any associated downtime.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment to comply with established infection control and departmental protocols. Operates and cares for testing equipment.
- Provides patient education related to specific ultrasound study.
- Ensures the safety of patients and family members.
- Communicates effectively and compassionately with patients, family members and other employees.
- Graduate of a two-year ultrasound program with clinical and didactic education
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- 1 year experience performing ultrasounds preferred