Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING SUPERVISOR - ORTHOPEDICS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Billing Supervisor - 22809424
The Billing Supervisor oversees and coordinates work of subordinate employees engaged in medical billing activities. Responsibilities include oversight of check/cash posting, accounts receivable, charge entry, edits processing, and customer service. Ensures that all targets are met and staff work is monitored and meets collections, net, gross, days in accounts receivable, and reject and edits targets. Performs more complex functions related to billing.
- Oversees work of non-supervisory employees engaged in processing claims, maintaining related files and logs, and checking patient eligibility for. Proactively identifies problems and assists in solving payment and other business office issues.
- Monitors processing of claims for reimbursement and ensures all necessary documentation and attachment are included with claims. Interacts with physicians and administrators to coordinate communication of billable services to patients.
- Orients and trains area employees in department policies and procedures and assists staff in carrying out their work by responding to more complex questions and problems.
- Assists in the resolution of patient complains and concerns and resolves.
- Processes payment statements by posting, listing and adjusting payments. Reviews denied and pending listings, notifies appropriate personnel and takes corrective action.
- Gathers and exchanges information necessary to ensure timely processing and reimbursement of claims and to promote maximum cash flow and reduce outstanding days in accounts receivable.
- Education: High School graduate
- Experience: 3 years experience with medical billing and claims. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of CPT IV and ICD-9 coding
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Supervisory and leadership skill