Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Access Service Coordinator; Full Time Evenings
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
622 - HSO Patient Transfer Center- 2281610
Physician Access Service Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position coordinates and facilitates the provision of hospital
services of affiliated practices and institutions and serves as a liaison
between the referring physician, patient, and Mount Sinai Health System
departments. The Physician Access Coordinator will be working at Mount Sinai’s
corporate office near Grand Central. The coordinator will work in the Patient
Transfer Center with a dynamic group of clinicians and coordinators to help
patients gain access to healthcare across the entire health system.
Principal and Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the point of contact in the Patient Transfer Center for patient referrals and obtains necessary information to initiate the patient’s transfer into member hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System.
2. Responsible for the complete and accurate registration of all patients in an expeditious and positive manner.
3. Promptly answers and screens inquiries with strict adherence to confidentially agreements, policies and procedures
4. Coordinates the referral to the appropriate Mount Sinai Health System Provider, sets up necessary appointments and communicates with patient and authorized family members.
5. Assists patients and families in all aspects from the point of referral to follow up after discharge in navigating Mount Sinai Health System.
6. Advocates for patients, families, and referring physicians to promote overall satisfaction with accessing and utilizing Mount Sinai Health System.
7. Provides support for specific population needs as required by the program or department.
8. Assists the Patient Transfer Service staff with coordinating hospital transfers as needed.
9. Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into referral tracking system.
10.Analyze data and generate routine reports.
11. Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Manager and Director
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
2+ years of experience in a hospital or large medical practice environment
Excellent communication and customer service skills required
Knowledge of medical terminology
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.