Mount Sinai Careers
ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR - Revenue Cycle - Department of Medicine Administration
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Director – Revenue Cycle - 2282008
Directs the day to day operations that contribute to the capture, management, and collection of revenue for physician billing services.
- Develops and analyzes daily, weekly, and monthly billing reports.
- Advises the Vice Chair of Administration, Director of Finance, and Director of Operations of changes in procedures and requirements necessitated by both internal and external factors.
- Establishes and ensures implementation of all revenue cycle policies and procedures.
- Ensures the maintenance and updates of the department’s Charge Master occurs in coordination with all divisions/sites.
- Ensures reporting and feedback to various divisions/providers for correct coding and billing of patient accounts
- Work closely with IT and the Centralized Billing Office to develop analytics dashboard and integrate multiple systems to produce real-time data for operational, managerial, and executive leadership including revenue, projected revenue, projected cash collection, productivity, denial metrics, etc.
- Must be able to oversee and provides input to ensure all systems are functional in categories such as dictionary file, data elements, interface and mapping, payer specificity, file transmission, billing area set, adding/deleting ICD‐10 and CPT codes and modifiers, etc.
- Responds to billing staff inquiries
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges
- Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding and billing information
- Develop educational materials and policies/procedures to assist staff and providers
- Identify and assist with implementation of documentation and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Review and distribute coding related information to clinical and financial staff, including CPT and ICD-10 code changes, medical necessity policies, coding/billing information regarding new procedures and pharmacy items.
- Identifies and reports trends to provide feedback for improved documentation and revenue cycle
- Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Consistently supports the precepts of Corporate Compliance and the Principles of Responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies and procedures.
- Assist Revenue Cycle Team with charge entry, edits, missing charges, etc. as needed.
- Performs other related duties.
- Communicates to staff the critical role they play in achieving mission and strategic goals.
- Effectively recruit, orient, develop, and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/correction actions, and termination of employment.
- Determines division staffing needs and allocates personnel.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in health care finance or administration; experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading successful teams
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.