Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE MEDICAL SECRETARY - MON-FRI, 8AM-4PM
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Marathon Medical – Outpatient Cardiology - 2282042
Job Title: Offsite Medical Secretary
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provides secretarial and clinical support to supervising physician in an offsite practice setting
- Clerical, reception and telephone support for the supervising physician.
- May schedule appointments for patients.
- Acquires insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by physician.
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician, subject to review and approval.
- Maintains logging system as required for tracking test results.
- Assists in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms).
- Prepares charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
- May be responsible for Medical Assistant duties if qualified with appropriate training, such as performing venipuncture and/or EKGs, checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing, as well as collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. May assist physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
- Retrieves physician correspondence from dictation service.
- Prepares physician’s mail correspondence.
- Compiles documents for surgical billing packages if appropriate to practice.
- Helps direct patient flow during practice hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties..
- 2 years of related experience.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai
Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a
common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as
the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When
you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.