Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST - 3 DAYS/WEEK, 8AM-4PM
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Marathon Medical – Outpatient Cardiology – Requisition – 2282184
Job Title: Offsite Nuclear Medicine Technologist – Part-Time
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Offsite Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible
for Nuclear Lab operation, including testing equipment, educating patients and
families regarding the procedures, and performing the procedures in accordance
with all applicable policies, procedures and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all equipment is operating properly. Performs quality control on Imaging and non-imaging nuclear equipment. *
- Performs end of the day survey of the areas, personnel monitoring for radiation and takes corrective actions if readings fall out of range.*
- Responsible for dose administration and calculations, performs QC procedures, has thorough knowledge and understanding of imaging technologies employed, including theory of operation and rationale for QC procedures performed.*
- Performs imaging procedures assigned and prepares results for interpretations, including labeling, formatting and associated paperwork. *
- Oversees stress tests and helps attending physicians in case of stress test related emergencies.*
- Recognizes malfunctioning equipment and performs minor troubleshooting, performs computer processing of acquired imaging procedures; resolves minor technical problems related to image quality and quantitative results. *
- Conducts wipe tests, surveys and waste disposal as required.
- Complies with Federal, State and local requirements and regulatory agencies; maintains a clean, safe work environment and observes safety procedures and testing.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Radiologic Technologist License issued by the State of New York.
- Certified Radiologic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- 1 year of clinical experience required.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.