Mount Sinai Careers
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST II - PURCHASING
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Entry Specialist II receives,
collects, reviews and enters data into a computer system or tracking database. The
person in this role will ensure accuracy of all data recorded and verifies that
the information is complete. The Specialist may also provide basic reports and
be a resource for other staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields accurately.
- Collect, compile, sort and verify the data’s accuracy or completeness before it is entered.
- May perform data integrity tasks by locating and correcting data entry errors, or reporting them to supervisors.
- May scan or upload documents.
- Perform routine office/lab duties, such as answering phones and maintaining supplies.
- May maintain logs of activities and completed work. File completed documents in appropriate locations or distribute them.
- May provide data lists, spreadsheets and reports.
- May create or modify data bases according to the needs of the department.
- Provides direction or assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork. May train other data entry employees.
- Performs other related duties.
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years of experience
- Knowledge of GHX Vendor Manager, PMM System, GEAC a plus
- Vendor management experience preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.