Mount Sinai Careers
PROGRAM COORDINATOR II - GERIATRICS /PALLIATIVE CARE
Strength Through Diversity
The Program Coordinator II is responsible for providing administrative, operational and programmatic support services to an assigned program area. The Program Coordinator II will be knowledgeable about institutional and program policies and procedures and provides support to a large or complex program or to multiple smaller programs. A Program is ongoing and while it may have a business cycle, will continue. The Program provides a specific service or carries out specific activities as a separate entity or as a component program within a department, but is not a department itself.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that adequate staffing, space utilization, equipment and other resources are available to best support the provisions of services and to meet the program goals and objectives.
- May monitor the workflow and make adjustments to ensure the timely completion of program support activities. Provides and/or arranges staff training as needed, if applicable.
- Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.
- Experience: 3 years experience coordinating and administrating program activities for assigned area