Mount Sinai Careers
PROJECT COORDINATOR I - Dean's Office (Office of Academic Development and Enrichment)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research how various groups at Mount Sinai engage with social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Yammer
- Curate an RSS feed for news related to mentoring/career development in academic medicine based on keywords and hashtags
- Create content from OADE events and programs for our Facebook, Twitter and Yammer sites
- Take pictures, create short videos, write articles, interview faculty, etc
- Communicate with faculty and feature them on various channels
- Develop evaluation techniques for social media to understand outreach of the office
- Create advertising (posters, flyers, PowerPoints, newsletters, hand-outs, etc.) for OADE that are visually pleasing and easy to read for a variety of audiences. Assist in advertising these events.
- Create and publish bi-monthly newsletter for faculty members
- Help organize events related to social media for faculty
- Assist with the organization of events
- Coordinate meetings/ trainings/workshops for faculty mentoring and career development
- Brainstorm events for the next calendar year and crowd source event ideas
- Collect and analyze post-event survey data
- identify potential funding sources for grant applications on mentoring/diversity enhancement/leadership
- Manage OADE website resources page
- Suggest methods of streamlining administrative tasks for the office
- Bachelors’ degree required, or equivalent education and work experience
- None required, 1 year of experience in project coordination preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with social media programs and analytics (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics), marketing and advertising preferred
- Experience with graphic design a strong plus ( photo editing and video editing software)
- Willingness to learn grant writing and research funding agencies
- Experience in branding preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.