Mount Sinai Careers
IT Technical Engineer III - End User Services
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas such as Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Server OS and Hardware, SCCM, SCOM, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, etc.
2. Engineers and provides level 3 support for Active Directory, ADFS, GPO and SSO Infrastructure.
3. Designs and develop Powershell scripts; drives process automation and improvement; assists engineers, support partners and management with their scripting and automation requirements.
4. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
5. May design, code and implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
6. Performs daily functions that include user support, Active Directory migration and upgrade co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
7. Maintains software versions management controls.
8. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
9. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
10. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
11. May act as a project manager.
12. Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
13. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
14. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
15. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
16. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
17. May act as a Project Lead.
18. May provide assistance and training to other engineers
19. Maintains and augments manuals
20. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of an enterprise-wide Active Directory and ADFS systems.
- Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication.
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.