Mount Sinai Careers
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST - Department of Medicine Administration
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Technical Support Specialist - 2282900
Technical Support Specialist provides consultation to business area management
and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing
and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware.
- Provides consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades, following proper IT guidelines, best practices and policies
- Provides technical support and guidance to client and systems areas through consulting, teaching and publication of documentation
- Evaluates, maintains, modifies and documents PC application packages, including remote connectivity products, participates in the testing and evaluation of new PC packages, implements prototypes, and consults with clients on selection of packages and equipment
- Utilize Dell Helpdesk reporting tool to obtain and complete daily work assignments
- Provide support for Mount Sinai users in remote sites outside the campus, which may require some local travel
- Develop screen designs, logic and procedures to provide more efficient operations and utilization
- Act as a Project Leader for onsite and remote site projects. Monitors project status from start to completion
- May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level Desktop staff
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred
- CCA/CNA Certification
- Six years of experience of programming and analysis experience in end user computing applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in end user, computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Competency in the support of applications software
- Competency in the support of computer hardware and networking configuration & troubleshooting
- Competency in project management
an in-depth knowledge of personal computing and network-based PC/workstation
systems, hardware and tools, client functions and applications, including
remote connectivity products, some supervisory, management and administrative
experience, excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical
ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively
with client and IT management and staff and vendors. Must be flexible regarding
duties and hours to cover and willing to travel to the remote locations within
the five boroughs
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.