Mount Sinai Careers
Histology Technologist - Anatomic Pathology - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Processing of specimens leading to production of stained slides for diagnostic purposes
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Performs histologic techniques:
a. Processes tissues: manual, microwave and automatic
b. Embeds different types and sizes of tissues
c. Sections different types and sizes of tissues in preparation for stain
d. Stains: routine and special stain for confirmatory reasons
e. Cover slips stained tissue sections for archival purposes
f. Labels stained slides for proper identification and diagnostic purposes
2. 2. Files and retrieves blocks and slides
3. 3. Quality control and Quality assurance activities
4. 4. Chemical supplies inventory
5. 5. Manages chemical and biological wastes
6. 6. Performs other related duties
High School / GED
Experience on the bench doing the basics in histotechnology such as fixation, processing, embedding, cutting, staining, cover slipping and simple special stains preferred.
• Excellent in oral and written communication since there is a daily communication with external public like doctors, nurses, medical secretaries, etc.
• Ability to solve problems involving specimens
• Patience and finesse on the telephone
1. Clinical Laboratory Technician