Mount Sinai Careers
Applications Analyst - Radiation Oncology - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Works with client management to identify and specify application requirements.
- Projects are typically small information systems applications. Formulates logical statements of application system requirements.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of the equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
- Participates with client and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and installation processes.
- Assists in the design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
- May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flow-charting.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Two years experience in systems analysis or design. Proficient in at least one higher-level programming language and familiarity with application development support software packages.
Requires knowledge of the client area?s functions and systems, technological alternatives, good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.