Mount Sinai Careers
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - Department of Emergency Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all financial activities for the 6 ED sites, and several division budgets inclusive of preparation of the operational budgets, monitor fiscal operations and adherence to all institutional policies as they relate to budget and finance
- Provide financial oversight and controls, procedures, practices, contracts, business plans, and ledgers with variance analysis monthly and provide solutions and correction to financial issues identified
- Oversee global budget submissions. Provide analysis and forecasting of financial viability of programs, and analysis of over 200 physicians and 60 PAs for staffing, budgetary impact and maintenance of FTES
- Work closely with site chairs, medical directors, hospital leadership, administrative directors and System Vice Chair for Administration and Finance on a monthly basis and/or when requested to review site ED finances
- Responsible for department approval of HR actions, Purchase orders, moonlighting payroll, contract management including payment of invoices, and monitoring of system profit and loss on a monthly basis. Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7 years of progressively responsible finance positions including preparation of large budgets, preferably over $50M
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, excellent time management and ability to present complete monthly budget analysis to hospital leadership at each of our 6 sites and with the school CFO monthly
- Proven leadership, financial management skills and outstanding ability to work in a team setting
- Must be data driven with excellent attention to minute details of ledgers and finance reporting
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.