Mount Sinai Careers
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST - CARDIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Financial Analyst - 2284512
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitors monthly departmental budget, fund and general ledgers for the Center for Interventional Cardiovascular Research and Clinical Trials; provides variance analyses.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets for new and existing programs, including new research studies or other revenue streams.
- Manages contract administration through internal systems, providing feedback and guidance on related project queries.
- Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports and participates in follow-up discussions with business unit leadership.
- May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects and streams are properly monitored, credited and that reports are prepared.
- Prepares and submits purchase orders, contracts, change orders, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers and HRTS transactions as necessary.
- Recommends and implements approved changes for efficiencies, documenting those procedures.
- Directly supervises a Financial Analyst, setting performance goals and conducting evaluations.
- May input and review faculty/staff payroll and maintain appropriate records.
- May review Time and Effort reports for faculty and staff; prepare accruals and recharges for upload monthly general ledger updates.
- Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
7 years in Finance and Financial Management
Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Familiarity with compiling financial reports reflecting financial status and operating procedures of organizations.
Experience working within academic environments preferred.
Very Good and Strong written and oral communication skills.
Thorough attention to detail.