Mount Sinai Careers
BIOSTATISTICIAN II - HEALTH POLICY
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Biostatistician II is
responsible for providing complex statistical support, including study design,
sample size and protocol development in support of clinical projects. The
person in this role prepares statistical analysis plans, generates statistical
summary tables and performs database integration for more comprehensive
- Prepares statistical analysis plans, timelines for statistical project management and performs and interprets basic and complex analyses.
- Utilizes knowledge of statistics and medical understanding to propose and perform additional analyses when appropriate.
- Documents analyses, creates summaries and presents written and verbal results to requestors.
- Writes statistical text for study reports and clinical publications.
- Prepares analysis plans and methods used for incorporation in abstracts, manuscripts and grants.
- Identifies potential data problems from analytic queries and takes appropriate actions to guide the resolution process.
- Collaborates with principal investigators, sponsors and external representatives to ensure that project results and conclusions are presented accurately and without bias and to jointly achieve objectives and timelines.
- Provides quality review on statistical analysis plan to ensure consistency with protocol and adequacy to meet objectives defined in protocol.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures of the functional department as they apply to documentation and validation of clinical research statistics.
- Provides consultation to the clinical research project team on statistical issues related to the project.
- Performs statistical programming to implement complex statistical analysis plan.
- Manipulates databases to obtain and analyze variables as required.
- Mentors and trains less experience staff
- Performs other related duties.
- Minimum: Master’s degree in biostatistics or related field. PhD
- 3 years of biostatistics or related experience in clinical
- SSPS/SAS Expert
- EXCEL Expert
- WORD Expert
- Outlook Beginner
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.