Mount Sinai Careers
DIGITAL MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Digital Media and Communications Associate with the Icahn Institute for Genomics & Multi-Scale Biology and the Department of Genetics & Genomic Sciences at Mount Sinai’s Icahn School of Medicine, you will have a direct role in the growth and positioning of the Institute and the Department on a global scale. You will be joining a newly-formed marketing team in the development & implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan supporting research, clinical and educational programs and initiatives.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will perform a broad range of tasks in support of the Institute and Department’s strategic objectives including content development, digital marketing, social media planning, campaign development, website management, media relations, event coordination, and administrative support. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and an analytical thinker with an ambitious, collaborative spirit and passion for outreach and audience engagement.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize digital communication channels with a focus on web and social media
- Create digital marketing and storytelling assets such as videos, infographics and banner ads
- Design and create digital graphics and visuals for presentations, social media, and web content
- Conceptualize compelling content and internal/external storytelling opportunities to explore and explain the work of the Institute and Department; conduct interviews with researchers, clinicians, and patients to create content for social, web, and print
- Track traffic metrics for website and any other digital assets (e.g. social media and advertisements)
- Assist in the development of press releases announcing scientific and medical advancements
- Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of the Institute and Department and their scientists and healthcare providers
- Assist in the development of communications assets such as press kits, fact sheets, infographics, flyers, and slide decks
- Assist in tracking media coverage and provide recommendations
- Offer analysis and conclusions to help drive decisions on content, media and engagement strategy, and overall marketing and communications objectives
- Assist in updating website content
- Assist in researching and drafting annual report content
- Assist with event planning and promotion of events to internal and external audiences
- Provide administrative support as needed
- 0-3 years of experience
- BS degree in journalism, digital marketing, communications or related field
- Solid understanding of best practices in communications, marketing, media relations and engaging target audiences
- Passion for digital storytelling
- Experience in developing, implementing, and measuring social media campaigns
- Experience in editorial and scientific writing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with email marketing and automation
- Experience writing for SEO, measuring effectiveness and optimizing content for continuous improvement in performance
- Highly-resourceful team player with the ability to solve problems, propose solutions, prioritize, and multi-task
- Must be reliable, creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Experience in identifying KPIs and analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of marketing and communications campaigns is preferred
- Agency or newsroom experience is a plus
- Experience in scientific research and/or healthcare is a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.