Mount Sinai Careers
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR - CENTER FOR COMPARATIVE MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Animal Husbandry Assistant Supervisor assists in the coordination and management of the day to day operations of Animal Husbandry. Assists in operational planning and in directing the work of the animal lab technicians
- Supervises the daily functions and activities of animal care staff in cooperation with senior level Supervisor staff
- Oversees appropriate colony management and timely weaning of litters
- Coordinates and assists in the collection of animal census data
- Assists in the oversight of the daily operations of the assigned animal facilities and develops/ maintains staff schedules
- Assists operational Supervisors and Managers in the development of the Animal Husbandry budget
- Oversees cage-wash operations
- Maintains animal records
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- HS/GED (Associates preferred)
- Required: Certification by the American Association of Lab Animal Science (AALAS) required at the Lab Animal Technician (LAT) level
- Preferred: Lab Animal Technologist (LAT)
- 3+ years experience in a lab animal facility
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.