Mount Sinai Careers
IT Manager - DSRIP
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
DSRIP - Req #2285316
IT DSRIP Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
2. Manage development of end user requirements, system design, project plans, staffing requirements and milestones for system enhancements and development.
3. Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
4. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
5. Manage development of enhancement and develop specifications for programming by internal/external resources.
6. Manage all aspects of system(s) maintenance including: software upgrades, database maintenance, end user support, trouble shooting, auditing systems and problem solving.
7. Maintains areas of responsibility effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
8. Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
9. Performs other related duties.
Education: Bachelors Degree in business, computer science or related field.
Experience: 8 years in the information technology field or its equivalent. Excellent written and oral communication skills.