Mount Sinai Careers
IT Supervisor, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Reporting and based within the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and interfacing with Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) Academic IT, the Supervisor of Technology and Learning Environments will provide exceptional management of several core technology areas including; systems, learning environments and integrated technology services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides daily operational technology support to Graduate School staff in the use of various applications (Microsoft Office, Filemaker, Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp)
- Works with Graduate School leadership and other stakeholders to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for diverse business applications (including enrollment management systems), computing environments (e.g., host-based/cloud) and software and hardware
- Works closely with Graduate School and ISMMS IT staff in developing solutions for enhanced learning environments and web-based tools for student and faculty
- Acts as the primary lead to assure appropriate adoption, user experience, documentation and utilization of learning environment spaces across the Graduate School
- Acts as the Graduate School’s liaison to Academic IT in the areas of messaging, directories, networking, and security
- Develops streamlined and automated business processes for the Graduate School by analyzing workflow, utilizing current and emerging technology
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for systems design that leverage central systems
- Identifies and develops tools, techniques and procedures for improving the performance, availability and reliability of system-related applications
- Works with ISMMS IT in streamlining service requests, identifies and documents issues for escalation to appropriate IT teams
- Maintains high standards for data management and organization throughout the Graduate School and ISMMS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT or a related discipline (Graduate degree preferred)
- Four or more years of experience in systems analysis and IT support
- Systems administration experience in, or substantial knowledge of, Windows, and Mac OS platforms, Google Apps, and IT security
- Preferred CMS experience in WordPress
- Project management experience is a plus, including working within tight project deadlines
- Ability to interface with a diverse community of end users and constituents
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and to excel in a fast-paced academic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
- This role is not eligible to work remotely
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.