Mount Sinai Careers
Business Analyst I-Strategic Planning
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst provides analytical and project management support, utilizing a wide range of state of the art performance improvement methodologies across all administrative and operational functions. Gathers and prepares data from business and organizational systems to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Gathers, prepares, and reconciles basic organizational data and information. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
- Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
- Updates monthly metrics and reports trends. Assists in preparation of basic feasibility studies and business plans to support new business developments.
- Documents current operations and may provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
- Prepares documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and presents findings and recommendations.
- Assists in the preparation of Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
- May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
- May monitor project timelines and budgets
Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related field required, or equivalent education and work experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.