Mount Sinai Careers
IT Technical Engineer III - Infrastructure
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Infrastructure - Req #2285686
IT Technical Engineer III
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas - Exchange 2016 Messaging Infrastructure, Active Directory 2012, AirWatch, Windows Servers 2012 and 2016 OS, HP Server Hardware and Virtual Machines, Office 365, Skype for Business, etc.
2. Experienced in messaging engineering and implementing solutions using Exchange 2016 platform, ADFS, GPO and SSO. Experienced in process automation and scripting using PowerShell and VB.
3. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
4. May design, code and implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
5. Performs daily functions that include user support, Exchange and Active Directory migrations, upgrades co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
6. Maintains software versions management controls.
7. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
8. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a ssystem/process to monitor system health.
9. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
10. May act as a project manager.
11. Design and develop automation and scripts.
12. Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
13. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
14. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
15. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
16. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
17. May act as a Project Lead.
18. May provide assistance and training to other engineers
19. Maintains and augments manuals
20. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
- Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication.
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of VoIP and WiFi infrastructure and controllers
- Working knowledge of UDP/TCP protocols and able to diagnosis problems via packet analyzer
- Working knowledge of WAN protocols including MPLS, SIP, etc
- Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. – Telecom Specific
- Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
- Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
- Must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
- Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
- Must have excellent documentation skills