Mount Sinai Careers
IT Technical Engineer III - End User Services
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
End User Services - Req #2285704
IT Technical Engineer III
The IT Technical Engineer III provides supervision, engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process. Assist Managers and Directors in completing projects and maintaining environments.
Day to day responsibilities include:
1. Provide engineering and administrative
support for the assigned areas, which may include VMWare and Citrix
infrastructure, Cisco UCS, HP and Nutanix server and hyperconverge
infrastructure, Citrix cloud and VDI infrastructure, Azure cloud
engineering, Windows Servers OS, etc.
2. Tests and certify new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
3. Performs daily functions that include engineering and end-user support, system support, implementation and software update/upgrade and co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
4. Maintains software versions management controls.
5. Understands Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
6. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
7. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
8. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
9. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
10. May act as a Project Lead, assist other engineers with troubleshooting and project related activities.
11. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
12. Maintains and augments manuals
13. Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
1. 7+ years of experience in engineering and
support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process,
2. Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
3. Working knowledge of VoIP and WiFi infrastructure and controllers
4. Working knowledge of UDP/TCP protocols and able to diagnosis problems via packet analyzer
5. Working knowledge of WAN protocols including MPLS, SIP, etc
6. Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. – Telecom Specific
7. Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
8. Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
9. Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
10. Must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
11. Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
12. Must have excellent documentation skills
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas, which may include VMWare and Citrix infrastructure, Cisco UCS, HP and Nutanix server and hyperconverge infrastructure, Citrix cloud and VDI infrastructure, Azure cloud engineering, Windows Servers OS, etc.