Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Enterprise Infrastructure - Req #2285712
Technology Specialist II
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Specialist II consults with business partners to define requirements and develop solution alternatives and estimates, translating client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for IT solutions and integrating architecture.
Project Scope: Complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity with project budgets up to $25M involving multiple sites or up to 10 interdependent work tracks.
Day to day responsibilities include:
1. Design, develop, coordinate, and manage IT projects for Client Engineering department
2. Prepare project plans and monitor progress of IT projects to ensure deadlines are met
3. Responsible for automating, developing and maintaining Windows desktop image for desktops, laptops and thin client images
4. Conduct Root Cause Analyses and remediation efforts for major incidents in Client Engineering area.
5. Lead and guide the work of technical staff of FTEs and Consultants
6. Serve as liaison between business and technical teams. Deliver on projects, milestones, provides regular updates to management and business aligned teams
7. Experience with industry standard deployment tool preferably SCCM 2012
8. Experience with application packaging process and procedure in a multi-domain environment
9. Responsible for third level escalation and technical support
10. Responsible for client end point of hardware and software engineering
11. Create scripts in vbscript, powershell, visual basic, batch files
12. Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems Internals, Architecture, registry and troubleshooting tools
13. Technical writing – must be able to document all process and communicate with stakeholders
14. Using Service Now ticketing systems ability to document incidents, problems and change requests
15. 7+ years of related experience
16. Strong skills in Virtual environment (VDI, Hyper-V, VMWare)
17. Strong skills in SCCM and Adminstudio
18. Experience in infrastructure like DNS, WINS, VPN, etc
19. Experience with programming languages HMTL, .Net, C++
20. Strong verbal and written communications
21. Preferable experience with healthcare industry
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; Master’s degree preferred
1. 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of enterprise-wide client systems
2. Must have technical experience in networking and systems support, engineering and software products.
3. Must demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication.
4. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
5. Experience in engineering/support of client systems and Windows operating system.
6. Experience with programming languages HTML, .Net, C++
7. Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
8. Must have a strong understanding of client engineering technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.