Mount Sinai Careers
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY I- SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Secretary l - 2285732
Performs secretarial and general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution and record and file maintenance. Typically services are provided for an assigned department, care center or nursing unit.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Types routine correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Education: Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.