Mount Sinai Careers
IT Technical Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Infrastructure - Req #2285888
IT Technical Engineer I
The candidate needs strong organizational, written and verbal skills. The ability to be a team player, work off hours and a working knowledge in network technologies. They should understand IP addressing, subnet masking, DNS, network routing protocols, network operating system such as Nexus OS, etc.
The candidate primary function is to coordinate the moves of servers in the data center from one network technology to another. Day to day responsibilities include:
1. Provide engineering and administrative support
for the assigned areas (e.g. Exchange Messaging Servers, Unix, Windows
Servers OS, Server Hardware, Active Directory, System Center, SharePoint,
2. May engineer/implement solutions using Middleware platform such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop or VMWARE
3. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
4. May design, code and implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
5. Performs daily functions that include user support, database implementation and upgrade co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
6. Maintains software versions management controls.
7. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
8. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
9. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
10. Design and develop software if required.
11. Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
12. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
13. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
14. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
15. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
16. Maintains and augments manuals
17. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
- Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities.
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
- Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
- Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of network topology and routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. – Telecom Specific
- Good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
- Must have excellent documentation skills